“We are also here to be the voice of those who are silent or ignored as they age, making sure their contributions throughout a lifetime are not forgotten but instead, respected and honored.”
Erin McLeod, President & CEO
Read a message from Erin here.
Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is a diverse group of leaders who bring a variety of expertise, talents and experiences to the governance of the Friendship Centers and Senior Friendship Centers Foundation, Inc.
The work of the Board is done through regular bimonthly meetings. There are also committees making recommendations to the full Board for approval, and a leadership board for Collier County. Strategic issues regarding services and programs for the aging population of Southwest Florida, including philanthropy and organizational policy, are managed by the full Board.
The Board works in partnership with the chief executive officer and the staff to provide leadership, vision, and direction for the organization and to develop organizational strategy, building positive relationships with partner organizations, policymakers, media and others.
- Kevin Maisch, Chair
- John Counsell, Vice Chairman – South
- Patricia Courtois, Vice Chairman – North
- Darrin Halsey, Treasurer
- Carmen Valenti, Secretary
- Erin McLeod, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Skip Cohen
- Christine Fenn
- Frank Fleischer, JD
- Robert Harris
- Barbara Kelly, PhD
- R. Wayne Mullican
- Karen Reynolds, DNP, CNS-BC
- Tom Rice
- Harold Ronson (Emeritus)
- Gloria Schranz, DDS
- Kathy Silverberg
- Albert Tripodi, MD
- Erin McLeod, President & CEO
- Carla Benison, VP of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
- Marty Katz, VP of Development & Marketing
- Nancy Green-Irwin, VP of Contract Services and Executive Director, Lee County
- Tom Ushio, VP of Operations
- Terry McGannon, Sr. Director of Programs, Sarasota County