REOPENING NOTICE: We will slowly and cautiously begin to open programs beginning Monday, May 11. To read updates on open programs and get more information, please Click Here
Senior Friendship Centers
We need your help more than ever.
The COVID-19 pandemic presents unprecedented challenges to our organization and to the seniors we serve throughout Southwest Florida. Many seniors in our community are scared, isolated and concerned about issues such as how to pay bills, where to get food, and how to find medical and dental care.
In this time of even greater need, the safety-net programs and services offered at Senior Friendship Centers are more important than ever, and we expect the demand to increase significantly in the coming weeks and months. It is only because of your support that we are able to continue lifesaving programs such as meals to home-bound seniors, telephone reassurance and grocery delivery, weekly essential supply and produce distribution, telehealth for our medical and dental patients, in-home case management, virtual support groups and activities, and helping those in urgent financial crisis.
We can’t continue to do our good work without your help. Here is how you can help us in our time of need.
1. Make a monetary donation. Every program and service we provide requires funding, which largely comes from our donors. An anonymous donor has pledged up to $50,000 so your gift, of any size, can be matched. Please act by May 15 to double your impact! To make a donation or for more information, call 941-556-3205.
2. Help us identify seniors in need in our community. Do you know someone who could use a friendly telephone call or is in need of meals, supplies or services? We can help. Our general number for services is 941-955-2122 and our telephone reassurance hotline is 941-556-3208.
3. Donate supplies. Many of the seniors we serve cannot leave their homes to find essential supplies such as soap, shampoo, toilet paper, pet food, cat litter, and groceries. We can help. We are accepting supplies at our centers in Sarasota and Venice, and also online. View our Amazon wishlist at http://a.co/87ngkeX
4. Volunteer. You can help from home by providing telephone reassurance to isolated homebound seniors. Or, support our supply distribution events every Thursday in Venice and Friday in Sarasota. We need volunteers to help us sort and give out produce and supplies. If you can help, call 941-955-2122 for more information.
4. Shop with us. As you shop for many of your supplies online, use Amazon Smile and choose Senior Friendship Centers as your nonprofit of choice. We will receive .5% of your purchase back to SFC.
Since 1973, Senior Friendship Centers has helped seniors in our community combat loneliness, isolation, hunger, and more. We are the only safety-net nonprofit serving seniors in Southwest Florida, and we need your help more than ever. We can’t thank you enough for your support.